Saturday, April 18, 2009

My first posting...

Hello and welcome to my newly created blog. Just in case you haven't heard - I'm embarking on a new hobby of raising chickens. I ordered my chicks from the Mount Healthy Hatchery in Cincinnati. They are due to be hatched on May24 and I will pick them up on the same day. I'm very excited that little Miss Tess will be here visiting us during that week. Baby chicks need lots of care and she will be such a big help to me.

Dennis is going to build a henhouse in the far northwest corner of his barn and a chicken run directly outside of the barn. I helped him clean the barn and plan the pen today. He also plans to build a loft and a cold bin to store garden produce in the opposite corner of the barn.

1 comment:

  1. I think you will be a great "Mother Hen" to the baby chicks! Tess and Graham are both really excited.

    ReplyDelete